Communities and Resources

Cowley County Communities


Cowley County offers a range of resources available through out the county. Below we have transportation, childcare, and housing information. 


Four County 620-221-9664 ask for the Connections Transportation Department 
Twin Rivers General Public Transportation  620-442-3575 or 620-221-6140
General Public Transportation  620-221-7020
Connections Transport Services Serves Chautauqua, Cowley, Elk, Montgomery & Wilson Counties 
 48-Hour advanced notice 
 Monday - Friday 8-5 First come first-serve 
 866-485-4858 or 620-332-1976

Child Care

Find a Local Child Care Provider KDHE Child Care Licensing Program Online Facility Compliance Search
Kenna Kelly Licensed Daycare Provider 
 620-222-1588 for more info
Wood Child Care Center 1513 N 8th St. Arkansas City, KS 67005
Sunshine Daycare 19789 81st Street Winfield, KS 67156
Fairytale Friends Daycare 401 W. 14th Winfield KS 67156
SC Learning Center 120 W. 12th St. Winfield, KS 67156


Cowley County Housing Authority  304 S Summit St, Arkansas City KS 
Hud Housing 800-955-2232 or
Hud Housing Discrimination Complaint Hotline 1-800-669-9777
Landlord Association

 Arkansas City 620-442-1424

City Offices  When you encounter tenant-landlord problems that cannot be resolved by contacting your landlord, call the city office where you reside: 
wheat field image