General Information
BASIS Assessor
Heather Goodman
Administrative Assistant
Amanda Wogoman
Executive Director
Linda Misasi
Phone Numbers
Winfield – 620-221-5404 Arkansas City – 620-441-4504
Fax: 620-402-6341
Emergencies: Dial 911
311 East 9th St

Monday through Friday
8a-12p and 1p-5p

Additional CDDO Resources

Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
Commonly known as ANE – Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation of an individual, especially one who may be unable to protect themselves, is a serious issue.  Adult Protective Services (APS) through the Department for Children and Families (DCF) handles all reports of ANE by screening all reported occurrences, and investigating those they deem appropriate per their regulations.  Some people are mandated to report suspected ANE; others may have suspicions but simply are not aware or sure of how to help the person in need.  Recognizing the problem is half the battle.  ANE awareness is very important for all of us!

Following is a link that will give you more information and tell you how and where to report suspected ANE.

To make a report:

24 Hours/7 Days a Week:  1-800-922-5330

For emergencies, please call your local law enforcement agency.

More Helpful Resources
There are many other web sites that provide important information in the ID/DD area.  Below are just a few links to some great resources and may be beneficial in answering any questions you may have or provide additional services you may be interested in.

Four County Mental Health:

Families Together, Inc.

HIPAA Information

Invisible Kansans

Kansas Guardianship Program

Community Supports & Services


Working Healthy

KS Dept. of Health and Environment

KS Developmental Disability Reform Act

Cerebral Palsy Group

Exploration Place, The Sedgwick County Science and Discovery Center

Tuck Sleep Foundation

Disability Rights Center of Kansas

Cowley County Resource Guide

Here are some great resources.  If you need help or want to find out more information please click on the links below.

Legal Resources for Special Needs

Keeping Disabled Persons Safe While Remodeling

Creating a Home Where Your Disabled Child can Thrive

Teacher Resources for Special Needs

Disability Resources from the Department of Labor

Tips for Disabled Persons to Declutter and Organize their Home

Financial Planning for Special Needs

KanCare Ombudsman’s office is available to assist all KanCare members, applicants and those who are helping them in resolving problems regarding their services, coverage, access and rights.  The Ombudsman’s office provides assistance to KanCare members in the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver programs and others who get their long-term care services through KanCare.  Below is information on how to contact the Ombudsman office.

1-855-643-8180 or 913-353-9141
Catholic Carities
333 E. Poplar St.
Olathe, Ks.  66601
Tuesday: 9am – 4pm
Wednesday: 9am – Noon
Thursday: 9am – 4pm

1-855-643-8180 or 316-978-3567
Community Engagement Institute/Wichita State University
238 N. Mead
Wichita, Ks.  67202
Monday: 1pm – 4pm
Tuesday: 10am – 2pm
Wednesday: 10am – 2pm
Thursday: 10am – 2pm
Friday: 9am – 4pm

Kansas Able Savings Plan- This will teach you how you can save for your future and have a better quality of life.  Check out the link below and learn how!

Is your insurance not covering your medical equipment?  

Free supplies and equipment are available to be loaned by the Medical Loan Closet of South Central Kansas (covering Elk, Chautauqua, Cowley and Sumner Counties).  Located at 116 E. 8th, Winfield (by appointment only).  To borrow: 620-221-2700 Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm. To donate:  Deb Helmer 620-262-7113  Closet Coordinator:  Cherri Baer 620-221-3678