Court FAQ

No answers matched your search
How do I make a records request?

Requests for copies of court records should be made in writing addressed to the district court clerk’s office. The clerk’s office charges a search fee of $12.00. Copies may be purchased at the rate of 50 cents per page. Records of court action that occurred after Jan. 1, 2008 may also be obtained through a subscription to

How do I search for case information?

You may search for case information by using public access computers that are located at the district court clerk’s office in Winfield and Arkansas City. There is no fee for the use of the public access computer.

Do you provide legal assistance?

You should contact an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Kansas. You may obtain information concerning attorney referral through the Kansas Bar Association at (785) 234-5696 or  by visiting the Kansas Bar Association website. Reduced fee legal assistance may be available through Kansas Legal Services at 800.675.5860.

Do you provide legal advice?

Court clerks and personnel are not allowed to give legal advice.

What can you tell me about small claims?

Small claims are civil lawsuits that do not exceed $4000.00 in dispute. You must represent yourself in small claims and you can not have an attorney represent you in the case. The claim must be for the recovery of money or personal property. Forms for filing small claims are available at the clerk’s office. If a judgment is granted the court does not facilitate the collection of the judgment.

General Information
Phone Numbers
620-221-5470 620-441-4520
Fax: 620-221-1097; 620-442-7213
Emergencies: Dial 911
311 E. 9th Ave.
PO Box 472

8am-12pm; 1pm-4pm