No answers matched your search
How do I get severe weather notifications?

There are multiple ways to receive these notifications. Cowley Alerts is a free program offered to the citizens of Cowley County by signing up here: Cowley Alerts. Other methods include a NOAA All-Hazards Weather Radio, cell phone applications, local radio stations, regional TV stations, and friends/family. 

My house has been damaged by a severe storm or flooding. When will I get my check from FEMA?

Simply put, you may never receive a check. Your first line of defense is your homeowners insurance. Check with your insurance provider to see what coverage you have. If a disaster is large enough and certain criteria are met for number of households damaged, we can make an attempt to pursue Individual Assistance (IA) through FEMA.

How can I volunteer and help my community?

The Cowley County Emergency Auxiliary is the volunteer group managed under Emergency Management. This one group has several specialties within it which are Spotting, EOC Support, Field/Event Support and Auxiliary Communications (AUXCOMM). For more details, click on the CCEA link/page at: https://www.cowleycountyks.gov/departments/EmergencyManagement/EmergencyAuxiliary

I’d like somebody to speak to my group or organization? Who do I contact?

Contact our office by calling (620) 221-0470 or email at emergencymanagement@cowleycounty.org

EM Quick Links
General Information
Phone Numbers
Winfield: 620-221-0470 Arkansas City: 620-441-4569
Emergencies: Dial 911
321 East 10th Avenue

wheat field image